About Connecticut Ballet
Connecticut Ballet is a nationally recognized, professional dance company currently entering its
32nd season. Connecticut Ballet maintains offices in Stamford and Hartford and performs statewide, including annual seasons at The Bushnell in Hartford and Stamford Center for the Arts.
In addition to full-scale classical ballet productions, Connecticut Ballet’s Center for Dance Education offers a comprehensive educational program which includes school assemblies, outreach classes at juvenile detention facilities, schools and community centers, professional development workshops for classroom teachers, and a Trainee Program for pre-professional ballet dancers ages 15-21.
Year Founded: 1981
Artistic Director/Founder: Brett Raphael
Mission: The presentation of professional ballet throughout Connecticut and the provision of educational dance programs to mainstream and at-risk youth in communities across the state.
• Annual performance seasons in Stamford and Hartford; Summer Dance Caravan tour to other venues;
• Center for Dance Education provides educational assemblies to public, private, and parochial schools and entire districts, teaching artist residencies, professional development workshops for educators;
• Teaching Artists conduct after school satellite classes in public schools, community centers and residential treatment facilities serving youth ages 14-19 who are preparing to transition back to their communities;
• Accelerated Training Scholarships for talented youth at the company’s affiliated school in Stamford;
• Connecticut Ballet Trainee Program provides pre-professional performance opportunities, advanced training and coaching to aspiring dancers from ages 14-21.
Number of productions since 1981: 60 ballets including seven full-length works
Acosta Street 99 Pratt Street, Suite 206
Stamford, Connecticut 06902 Hartford, Connecticut 06103